Lil’ Wayne Crushes Oreo’s Attempt for Most Facebook Likes
Everyone’s favourite cookie, Oreo saw its attempt to set a record for most Facebook likes on a single post in 24 hours crushed by rapper Lil’ Wayne.
Oreo posted on it’s Facebook Wall about it’s attempt to create a Guinness World Record. Their post read:
‘Like’ this post to join Oreo fans around the world in setting a Guinness World Record for most likes to a post in 24 hours. Oreo is the world’s favourite cookie, and with your help, it will be the most ‘Liked’.
Shortly after that, Lil’ Wayne posted to his fans on his plans to break Oreo’s record:
everyone, please ‘Like’ this post. I’m trying to break the Guinness World Record for most “Likes” on a post in 24 hours. Let’s get it!!!
At the end of that 24 hours, Oreo had 114, 619 likes and Lil’ Wayne had 588,243 likes. Although that happened, Oreo was still recognised for its brief record by Guinness.
Oreo has around 16.7 million fans on their Facebook page while Lil’ Wayne has 20 million Facebook fans. Although Oreo failed at accomplishing their goal, they still got loads of recognition and press, which should do good for everyone’s favourite cookie.
- RT @PavelASamsonov: The most underrated #uxdesign skill is delivery. Design impact is not measured by the number of likes on your Dribbble… 2 months ago
- How Humans Get Hacked: Yuval Noah Harari & Tristan Harris Talk with WIRED video.wired.com/watch/yuval-ha… 3 months ago
- @yeesookyan Nice stuff! 3 months ago
- @yeesookyan Thanks Yan!!! 😊😊😊 (Haha I'm in KL now) 3 months ago
- RT @rjs: Tech shouldn’t be downstream from design, and design shouldn’t be downstream from tech. You need both together from the beginning… 3 months ago